Loading...

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today my sweet baby girl is turning 2!  I know busy week for us!  Stay tuned for great project ideas after I finish the party. 

We love everything about you little princess.  We love your super sweet laugh and adorable sense of humor, I especially love when you bat your eyes at me.  I love how different you are from the rough and tumble boys.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

In honor of her special day we are eating pancake cupcakes.  Yep it is just what you are thinking pancakes shaped like cupcakes.  Hello CUTENESS!!!

DSC03574

I used Kitchen Dough Dough’s recipe (which I think is the cutest name ever)

CUPCAKE PANCAKES

  • 2 cups Flour
  • 2 Tablespoons Sugar
  • 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1 Large egg
  • 3 Tablespoons Butter, melted
  • 2 Cups Buttermilk (or cheat and add 2 Tablespoons lemon juice or white vinegar and enough milk to make 2 cups and let it stand for 5 minutes)
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a muffin pan with non stick spray.
  2. In a medium sized bowl whisk the dry ingredients together
  3. In a small bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
  4. Pour the wet ingredients in to the dry and stir gently until just combined do not over mix
  5. Pour the batter about 1/3 cup of the batter into the prepared muffin pans
  6. Bake for 10 minutes or until it springs back when gently pressed.
  7. Allow to cool for a few minutes and run a knife along the sides and pop the pancakes out of the pan.

I filled mine with maple cream filling and topped them with whipped cream and sprinkles.  You could also filled them with strawberry jam or whatever your hear desires.  The kids loved them and went back for thirds!

I think they would be a fantastic everyday breakfast on the run with a little piece of cooked link sausage in them.  Yummers! I think I may make some a freeze them for when the kids go back to school.

See you next week!

Recipes 6846434204137143257

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts