Loading...

Trick or Treat Smell My Feet Here is a Sweet Treat to Eat

DSC03876

Last weekend we took our family photos at this super cute barn. Nothing like asking a complete stranger if you can take pictures with 10 other families, oh and have a picnic, oh and do it two weekends in a row on your property.

Ok I didn’t exactly ask. My friend did because, well I was being a big baby! But now Fran and I are BFF’s and I get to come on her property any time I want.

Needless to say that she deserves a thank you! So this weekend I popped by with the cutest darn thank you ever.

DSC03940

Halloween Smore’s in a Jar:

Ingredients and directions:
1 quart mason jar

1 sleeve graham crackers

1 package holiday marshmallow peeps

1 bag of holiday M&Ms candies (regular ones, not the peanut kind)

1/3 cup of brown sugar

Card stock, fabric and what ever other embellishments you would like for the jar

DSC03916
1. Roll the graham crackers with a rolling pin to make crumbs

2. Layer crumbs in a 1 qt jar. Pack down the crumbs a bit.
3. Place about 1/4 cup of M&Ms candies on top of the graham crackers.
DSC039174. Arrange 8 to 12 marshmallow holiday peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar. Press them up against the glass, but don't squash them. Depending on your size of peeps you may have one row or two if you use the pumpkins.DSC03918

7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of the peeps pack it down and around to make room for the M&M's.

8. Pour in remaining M&M’s and pack down being careful you don’t mash your peeps. DSC03919

Next I embellished the jar with a scrap of fabric and my super scientific method of circle cutting. I also cut a circle of tulle a little wider than the fabric to go under the skirt.

DSC03943

I cut the feet using the paper dolls dress up cartridge on my cricut. The legs I just freehanded they are just rectangles I don’t think I need my cricut for that. I hot glued all of the paper pieces on the jar.

DSC03944

A little peek under the skirt

DSC03942

Printed the label and stamped the witch’s brew. The following instructions are on the back:

1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the peeps into bits with kitchen shears or
cut up with a knife. Return the bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients,
mixing well. Pat into a greased 8" or 9" square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15
minutes. Cool and cut into bars.

You can make these for pretty much every holiday you can imagine cause I think they make peeps year round now. Yummers! I love peeps just a little chewy!

peep_inRollover

Click the peep and you can be a peep fan too!

Enjoy!

Photobucket



This one is so darn cute I am also linking it up to the Get your craft on party:
Recipes 9049444895690684427

Post a Comment

  1. Very Cute! Thanks for getting a thank you out to Fran...our pictures came out so cute and her property was just so darn perfect for it! I bet she loved the special treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I hope you don't mind if I try this. I wish I was as creative as all of you ladies are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so darn cute!! I love peeps a little chewy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind a bit Amy, I love to see people use my ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this yummy idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea. I want to try the recipe and it's just such a cute presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it...i did something like this last year but didnt decorate it all cute like you did...i love the witches feet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. call me a copy cat cause I cannot wait to try this!! adorable!!!! amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love,love it! So cute and thanks for sharing ALL the details

    ReplyDelete
  10. super clever! definitely filing in my halloween inspiration!

    hugs! Kim @ Frost Me!
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it its so stinkin cute I'm going to try it too. Do you mind me asking were you found the little pumpkins on the feet? Thanks I'm off to joanns in the morning for supplies I hope they have some left...I haven't tried My cricut yet this looks like the perfect time to try it. =) I'm not sure but I think I'm intimidated by it. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi the Finfield Kail Family. I have had those for awhile they are brads, but I am pretty sure I bought them at Michaels in their dollar spot. I am sure you can find something that will work, a button, a dimensional sticker. I would love to share.

    Don't be afraid of your cricut it is your friend!!! If you need help just ask.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this creative idea! I shared it on my blog and linked back to you. Thanks for sharing your creativity! ~Dee

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts