Delish Molten Lava Cakes
It was a crazy busy weekend here at the castle. I am a cubmaster for the cub scouts and we had a big banquet this weekend and then my bro had a birthday, so unfortunately I didn't get to craft much. I have a lot I want to do this week so stay tuned! Today I wanted to share my friend Christi's Molten lava cake recipe. It is to die for! Warm, oozing chocolate magically pours from the middle of the cake when you slide your fork in. If you have never had this you simply have to try it. It is super easy but it really looks like it is a fancy dessert that you slaved over. I won't tell your friends so go ahead you let them think you slaved over this one! I used a cute heart shaped silicone pan and served this on Valentines day, but you can also use a cupcake pan. I have to say I loved the silicone pan for this, one the cakes popped right out and sometimes they can be a pain.
Molten Lava Cakes
4 squares semi-sweet chocolate or 4 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup butter No substitutions
1 cup powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
6 tbsp. flour
whip cream, powdered sugar or ice cream for topping if desired. Strawberries are also fantastic, or maybe a nice raspberry sauce!
Preheat oven to 425
1. Butter or use the spray with flour four 3/4 cup ramekins or souffle dishes, cupcake tin, silicone pan something of similar size will do just fine. If you are using ramekins or the silicone pan place them on a cookie sheet
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in bowl on HIGH for 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted.
3. Stir in sugar until well blended.
4. Blend in eggs and yolks with whisk.
5. Stir in flour.
6. Divide batter in ramekins or whatever pan you are using.
7. BAKE 13 or 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around edges to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes. Serve immediately with whip cream or your desired topping.