I finished it!
A friend asked me to sew a flower girl dress for her and of course I couldn’t say no! It is not in my nature! I am so glad I finished this thing!!! What on earth was I thinking?? Here it is:
Photo courtesy of: uglydress.com
Do you like it?
Just kidding no really here it is:
I hope she likes it, I poured hours of blood(don’t worry I didn’t get on the dress) sweat and a few tears into this dress. It turned out good right? It looks like a dress right?? Please tell me it is good, I really tried hard. Sure I can sew bags, and Halloween costumes, and clothes for the kids.Those are for my own kids and not in a wedding where everyone is staring at them. I was so nervous about this, and the material was so hard to work with. The hem took me three shots to get it right. I learned a few lessons.
1. Just say no! All the cool kids do it.
2. Chiffon will make you crazy.
3. I need to buy a serger.
4. My fingers are not pin cushions
5. Trying to sew a cream colored dress around a 4 year old and 2 year is NOT a good idea.
6. No matter how many pins you put in chiffon it will still move. Trust me I tried a least 100 and it still moves!
7. I heart seamstresses that do this for a living!
8. Ok maybe Martha is cooler than me, because I am sure she could have whipped this up in 5 seconds!
9. Patterns are a good thing!
10. See lesson number one!
I am going to go sew something nice and simple so I can make myself feel better!