Loading...

Important Bulletin

This just in The Whimsical Princess creates adorable ruffled bulletin board!!!

DSC03126

I picked up an old bulletin board this weekend at my grandmothers garage sale.  It would have only been a $1.00 but I got the family discount so it was free!  My camera was charging so I don’t have a before picture but I am sure you can figure out what a boring bulletin board looks like. 

I wanted to put something in my desk to hang important notes etc so when I saw the bulletin board I knew exactly where to put it! 

I used the same technique I used on my number 3 bulletin board that I did in the Prince’s room.  You can see that post here.  I used my Cricut and the Home Decor cartridge, (which is my favorite) to cut out the sweet little bird and branch image.

Next I thought it needed a little something more, so I decided to add a ruffle.   I cut 2 inch strips out of some old black fabric I had.  I folded those in half and stitched them together, trimmed the seam to give me a nice edge.  The I broke out the glue gun and attached my fabric.  I was really simple to create the ruffled look.  While the glue was still wet I simply laid the fabric on and pushed it up until I had the look I liked.  There were two holes in the board that you would have used to hang it but it wouldn’t fit in my cabinet that way so I glued a button over the holes to cover them and add to the cute factor. Finally I added the ribbon to hang the board in my cabinet.

 DSC03118 DSC03119DSC03120

I think it is darling and it make paying bills so much more fun!

Enjoy!

I am linking this fun project to:

getYourCraftOnResized

Thrift finds 5669186738271118947

Post a Comment

  1. I love the bird on the branch! Birds seem to be very popular right now. I love how this is artsy and functional. I love things that have multipurposes. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy, it makes me smile when I am sitting here bloggin!

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts