Loading...

Trading in the glass slippers

For a pair of these and a little R & R…

DSC03187

It is camping season woo hoo!!!! Sorry I didn’t post last week but I was getting ready to go camping, and with 3 kiddos including a little princess who is potty training that means packing A-LOT!!!!

This weekend we took a trip to our absolute favorite camping spot. It is simply lovely with breathtaking views, hundreds of miles of trails, fishing, hiking and no other people for miles! I would tell you where it is but I am stingy like that! If I told you then you would be in my camping spot and I don’t know if I you will want to share with us!

DSC03183 Don’t let those dark clouds fool you, the weather was so much better up here than at home. When we left there was 3 inch hail and tornado sirens going off. It rained a little but mostly at night when we were snuggled in bed. I slept great because I couldn’t hear anything other than the rain. Usually I spend the whole night saying, “what was that” frettting over every little noise I hear!

Sorry I can’t help it I just know a bear is going to open the door and grab me by the foot and drag me off. Which is why I make Prince Charming sleep by the door so they drag him off first and I have time to run out the back!

Sorry honey, “Love you!”

DSC03184 The big Prince teaching the little Prince how to ride.

DSC03186

Once he learned how to ride he spent 8 hours straight, going around and around. In circles mostly but he had a blast.

DSC03182

“Not a happy camper!” Prince Charming was mad because he couldn’t get the generator running. He was fine after his Princess came over and showed him how to do it!

Since I won’t share my spot with you I will share our favorite camping recipe! We inhale it which is why I forgot to take a picture. I am up to a double batch going to have to make it a triple soon!

S’More French Toast

Ingredients
  • 1 1.55-oz. bar milk chocolate
  • 4 1-inch-thick slices French bread
  • 24 tiny marshmallows
  • 3 eggs
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1/2 cup finely crushed graham crackers
  • 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
Directions

1. Break candy bar into 4 pieces. Using a serrated knife, cut a large pocket in each bread slice, cutting through one of the long crust sides almost to the other side. Place 1 piece of the chocolate and 6 of the marshmallows in each pocket.

2. In a shallow bowl beat together eggs, milk, and sugar. Place finely crushed graham crackers in another shallow bowl. Carefully dip stuffed bread slices into egg mixture about 10 seconds on each side. Dip bread slices into graham crackers, coating both sides of each bread slice.

3. Place a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or griddle on the grill rack directly over medium-hot heat. Add oil; heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until hot. Add coated bread slices Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until brown. Makes 4 servings.

Happy Camping!

Recipes 6802763954595582433

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts