Loading...

“Excuse me sir, there seems to be an eyeball in my caramel corn.”

I have a delicious recipe to share with you today.  This caramel corn is so amazing.   So amazing I had to make it twice and fend the vultures off just so I could get a picture to share with you!

I have a ton of popcorn to use because it the oldest Prince is selling the best popcorn ever!  It really is fantastic.  My favorite is the un-popped kernels which I pop in air popper.  The popcorn pops up huge and tastes great!

You still have time if you see a cute little scout make sure you get some before it is too late.    Yes you could buy caramel corn but what is the fun it that?  And then you couldn’t make Jello popcorn balls either, so go for the un-popped kernals!

 Picture or Video 012

Castle Caramel Corn

12 C unsalted unbuttered popped popcorn (about 1/2 C kernels)
1 C brown sugar
1 dash cinnamon
1/4 C corn syrup                                                                                             1 stick real sweet cream butter (1/2 C)
1t vanilla
1/2 t baking soda

Preheat oven to 250 degrees

Place popcorn in a large bowl and set aside.
Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a 2 liter capacity microwave safe bowl.  Mix well.  Chop butter into chunks and place on top of sugar mixture.  Pour corn syrup over the top of everything.  Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then stir to combine.  Return to microwave and heat for 2 minutes.  Remove and stir and then microwave for 2 minutes more.


Remove from microwave and add in vanilla and baking soda.  Stir to combine.  Mixture will foam and rise.  Pour caramel mixture over popcorn  and stir until everything is well coated. 

Spread popcorn mixture onto a cookie sheet.  Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Break apart or add any additions you would like and then break apart.

The first batch I added mm’s and drizzled with melted chocolate, yummy!  The second batch I added candy eyeballs just for cuteness.  The eyeballs were made using royal icing.  I think candy corn would be really yummy too.

Enjoy!

Recipes 71639617238292434

Post a Comment

  1. this looks perfect for a classroom treat!! I may have to make this and put it in individual bags for my younger son's class!!

    visiting from Our Best Bites facebook page

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts