Do you ever have breakfast for dinner?
We do, it is the one meal the kids are guaranteed to eat especially if it includes these scrumptious pumpkin pancakes.
I love pumpkin but I hate pumpkin pie! It is a texture issue, I am a texture girl. Why does it have to be so squishy ewwww!
They were so good the kids went back for thirds! I topped them with fresh cinnamon cream and maple syrup. They were fantastic!
Princess Worthy Pumpkin Pancakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- In a separate bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. Combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger and salt, stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
For the fresh cinnamon whipped cream:
Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and a dash of cinnamon until it forms stiff peaks.
Sorry I didn’t measure that is how I roll!