Loading...

Raising the Bar-Highest Tower Homemade Granola Bars

Today was our last game of the never ending soccer season.  Since it has been snowing so much we had to extend the season to get all our games in.  I was thinking of bringing turkey since it is so close to Thanksgiving, but thought it might be a bit much.

We had an early morning game so I thought a little breakfast treat was in order.  I really didn’t want to have to run to the store, so I thought I would see what I could come up with.

DSC_0006

Ladies and gentleman I give you…….

DSC_0013

Highest Tower Homemade Granola bars!!!

These are so delicious, they beat the store bought ones all to heck and I know what is in these!  They are crisp and chewy and make you say, “mmmmm” with every bite.

I found a recipe on allrecipes and adapted it and created my own based on what I had on hand.  That is what is so great about granola bars you can change it up to be exactly how you like it, or if you are lazy like me you can change to suit what you have on hand.

Highest Tower Homemade Granola Bars

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups quick cooking oats.
  • 1 cup Rice Krispy cereal (the cheap stuff is fine too)
  • 1 cup chocolate chips (just eye ball it)
  • 1/4 cup sliced almonds (again just eyeball it)
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 Tablespoons melted butter

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil.

2. Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until well blended.

3. Dump the granola bar mix onto lined cookie sheet, and press firmly down.

4.  Bake 25-30 minutes depending on the amount of crispiness that you like.

5. Allow to cool and cut into squares.

Depending on the size you cut your bars you will get around 24 bars, they store extremely well and can be frozen.  These are a new staple in this house!  Perfect on the go breakfast and snack.  Feel free to add different nuts or fruit, and make them your own!

Recipes 6955553570021491022

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts