Loading...

Happy St. Patricks Day

Happy St. Patrick's day everyone!

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's day. I just wanted to share a couple of projects that I whipped up.


I decided I was going to make Prince Charming green beer with his dinner tonight. OK I didn't make the beer but I did dye it green. It is really simple. Take any light beer and add green food coloring until it is your desired shade. I thought I would make him his own personal beer mug to hold his green beer. I etched his favorite football team's logo on the mug. You can find my instructions on etching here.
Just a simple way to say I love you.

I made up this little poem that I put on the tag:
I am so lucky to have you my dear
Here is a wee bit o' green beer
in your very own mug
to wish you good cheer.



I also made up some Irish Potato candy. Yep you read that right potato candy and yes there really is potato in it! Awhile back one of my local stores had 10 pound bags of potatoes for .69 cents. How could I pass that up? So now I have 70 pounds of potatoes to use and anytime I see a recipe that has potatoes in it I get excited! This candy is really yummy and super simple. I bet if you dipped it in chocolate it would taste like a mounds bar, but then it wouldn't be authentic. Heck I don't even know if this is authentic, but it works for us!

Irish Potato Candy

Ingredients
1 large potato
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 to 5 cups confectioners' sugar
5 cups sweetened coconut flakes

Instructions

1. Peel the potato and boil it in water until soft.

2. In a mixing bowl, mash the cooked potato with the salt and butter. let it cool completely, or else it will melt the sugar when you add it.

3. Mix in the vanilla extract and 4 cups of sugar. At this point, the mixture should be stiff. If it isn't, add more sugar.

4. Sprinkle half of the coconut into the bowl and mix until the coconut is incorporated. Roll into 1 inch balls.

5.Roll the balls individually in the remaining coconut.

6.Chill the finished candies until you're ready to serve them. Makes about 4 dozen.

-Enjoy
St. Patricks Day 3028558946615151853

Post a Comment

  1. Sounds Yummy! I may have to try these. I made Irish Soda bread for the family last night...and corned beef, no cabbage. The family doesn't like it!

    I bet your Prince Loved his mug!

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts