Carrot Cream Cheese Swirl Muffins
Good Morning royal peeps!
Sorry I have been MIA we have been busy with projects but really nothing you want to read about. Unless painting trim and moving mulch is your thing.
Just a quickie post today I am building a bed and want to work on that so I can’t be goofin around on my blog!
These muffins are fantastic and have a texture similar to a pumpkin muffin. You can add a little shredded carrot if you want a little more carrot goodness in there! In the fall if I have a plethora of carrots in the garden I will cook them and puree them and freeze that so I can use them specifically for this recipe.
The Queen’s Carrot Cream cheese swirl muffins
Yield’s 2 dozen
- 2-15 ounce cans sliced carrots, drain one can but not the other.
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (you can also you 1/3 cup applesauce and 1/3 cup oil to cut back on the fat)
- 1- 8 ounce package cream cheese(I use the 1/3 less fat kind)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 sugar
- Place the carrots in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the eggs and oil and blend again.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined.
- Combine the filling ingredients in a small bowl and beat until smooth.
- Fill muffin cups about 1/3 full.
- Drop the filling by tablespoons full into the center of each muffin.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy! These freeze beautifully we like to keep a stock for busy mornings.