Loading...

Snuggle Up With A Good Book-Banner

DSC_0034

Today I am working on decorating the giving tree at our school.  We are hosting “A Snuggle Up With A Good Book,” drive and I wanted to decorate the tree to coordinate with the theme. What can I say?  I am a matchy, matchy kind of a girl. I was originally going to cut out snowflakes out of book pages but after cutting 30 of them for my tree at home I decided against it, my hand was killing me.  So I settled on a fun banner created out of book pages.  It was simple and fit the theme, sounds like a win win to me.

DSC_0035

(See the snow flake?  Cute huh?!  Takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R!)

Aren’t those elves darling???  I used the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.  One of my favorites and I recommend it to everyone but what is funny is I have never used it for what it is intended.  I use all the accessories cut at real dial size.  It has every occasion you can imagine. These are so cute I am going to have to make more, the Little Princess has already staked a claim on a set of her own!

DSC_0031

To create the medallions cut your pages out of an old book.  I keep one big thick book on hand to create projects with.  You might want to steer clear of romance novels that would be bad if someone should take the time to read the words and it is full of heaving bosoms!  Fold them like an accordion.  I found it best to to do two at a time so the size of the folds would match.

DSC_0032

Using two of the pages you just folded, fold them in half and secure with string in the middle like this.  Then just glue the loose ends creating a circle, embellish how you wish!  I hole punched mine and strung them on some twine.

This was a really fun project and I could have gone crazy on it but I do have a zillion other things I need to be working on!

papercrafting 9074375879825215545

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts