Loading...

Cozy up! World’s easiest Coffee Cozy Tutorial

I was in charge of the Oldest Prince’s class party this last week.  He is in fourth grade now and it is getting harder to plan cool things that they won’t think are lame.  I hymned and hawed over this forever.  I blame it on Pinterest!  Too many cool things and I couldn’t focus!  I pinned all kinds of things and the funny thing is, I didn’t use a single one of them for this.  I waited and waited and on one of my many trips to Dollar tree this week I had an epiphany! 

DSC_0166

Cup Cozies!!!  That’s it!!! We were having a hot chocolate bar so cup cozies were perfect!  Boys and girls could both make them and love them, and they would only take a few minutes to complete.  They didn’t require a ton of prep work from me, since well the party was in 2 days! Perfect I say.

DSC_0155

I started with these fuzzy scarfs from the Dollar Tree.  They are super skinny and I don’t think they would make a very good scarves, but they do make perfect cozies!

DSC_0156

I cut them in 8 inch pieces, I was able to get 4-5 per scarf so nice and easy on my budget since there are almost 30 kids in the class.

DSC_0158

Put the two raw ends together and stitch it close to create a tube.

Then just embellish however you would like.  I used my Cricut to cut fun little mittens, hearts, footballs and helmets.  In class we just used a hot glue gun to attach the pieces, you can also use iron on adhesive which is what I used in the one that is shown here. See really easy!

Have fun!

sewing 2750889591093770070

Post a Comment

  1. These are ADORABLE! You should call them 'Sock It To Me Cozies' haha! Just sayin!

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Home item

Advertise in the House of Sass

.

Popular Posts